Photography News and Updates
If you’re passionate about photography, you want to find out as much as you can about it. You’re going to want to join events as a participant or spectator to learn, widen your horizons, and maybe even to expand your network. On this page, Keith W Springer brings you the latest news and events covering all aspects of photography; from the latest cameras and accessories, photo apps for Android and iOS gadgets, exhibitions and events that you can visit or participate in, including photography contests.
From time to time, this page will also feature professional photographers, both seasoned and up-and-coming, from all around the world where you may pick-up a thing or two from their tips and self-taught techniques and visit exhibits that feature their works. In a word, this page will be your ultimate online resource for all the latest happenings in the world of professional and amateur photography.
If there are photography events or exhibits happening at your location, you are encouraged to share details with all of the readers here so other photography enthusiasts can visit the exhibits if they wish to do so.
Photography events in New York
If you live in New York or coming in for a short visit, there are photography events held in various locations around the state at different times of the year. Check out what’s currently on in New York:
1. Sanctuary: Andrea Bowers, and Home: Andrea Aragón. Currently running until February 12, 2017 at the Bronx Museum of the Arts, the exhibitions feature “alternative perspective” on immigration in the US.
2. Edward S. Curtis Among the Kwakiutl. Featuring rare photos included in Volume 10 of the famed photographer’s 20-volume collection of photographs of Native Americans spanning 30 years of work. The exhibit is at the Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown, New York, and runs from October 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. There’s still time to catch the exhibit so head to Cooperstown when you can.
3. Public, Private, Secret. Currently running through January 8, 2017, the show explores contemporary society’s concept of privacy and how self-image and identity have become entangled with public perception and visibility. The exhibit is being held at the International Center of Photography in Browery, New York, New York.
Other exhibits that you may still catch before 2016 ends are:
- The Eyes of the City: Richard Sandler, The Half King Photography Series, NY, NY (now until December 31, 2016)
- Edward Burtynsky: Essential Elements (1981-2012) and Salt Pans (2016), Howard Greenberg Gallery, NY, NY (now until December 31, 2016)
- Thomas Roma: The Plato’s Dogs Trilogy, Steven Kasher Gallery, NY, NY (now until December 23, 2016)
- Augustus Sherman: Aliens or Americans?, Steven Kasher Gallery, NY, NY (now util December 23, 2016)
- Richard Renaldi: Manhattan Sunday, Benrubi Gallery, NY, NY (now until December 23, 2016)
If you’d like to share your thoughts after visiting some of these exhibits, please let Keith W Springer know through this site. Site guests will surely enjoy reading what you’ve got to share!
Please check back again soon for more updates.